1) It is meaningful. Ok prepare for some major cheese on this one but I promise I mean this with my whole heart. Babies grow and change so quickly and I get to be the one to take those early sweet, squishy, newborn days and turn those memories into beautiful pictures that last forever. And I admit I may still get a little teary-eyed at times . There is something so inherently beautiful about the creation of a family and it is still amazing to be me that I get to be the first person to document it. I love the ‘He is here!” texts from the hospital and often I am one of the first people to hold their new little one outside of immediate family (with a good hand washing first of course). It is a privilege and an honor I do not take lightly.
2) I am very much a “people” person. I love meeting and talking with new people. It is so fun to learn everyone’s unique stories and share in such a joyous time. It is a happy job for sure!
3) ) Baby Snuggles. I don’t think I need to elaborate on this one lol. I live for baby snuggles.
4) Bonnets and wraps and props oh my! I love to shop. I love to shop online. And shopping for cute little baby things to add to my extensive collection is a necessity so parents can have a wide variety to choose from. Do I really need another headband or bonnet? Why yes I do. About 85% of my props are handmade and I love to support other small businesses. I am doing my part to help the economy. This is what I explain to my (very supportive) husband as yet another package (or two or three) arrive in the mail.
5) I get to be creative. I can not paint. I draw in stick figures (there is a reason I stuck with teaching kindergarten for so many years). But I love to work with different colors and textures and props, etc to create gorgeous photos of your baby. I love when inspiration hits!